Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A new thing work wise

So Ive really decided to turn the focus of the blog more into capturing the family pictures and brief updates of our lives.  Ive decided to go back to Journaling privately and capture my thoughts and feelings there....HOWEVER a great thing has happened and I just had to share...I am now working from home one day a week!  I know I know...not big shocking news like HEY we are PREGNANT!( Okay sorry that seems to always be on my mind) but this is quite important in our family for reals!  As many working mothers know- there is never enough time, you are stretched quite possibly too thin and sometimes life seems to unravel.  Well its been unraveling for a while- too many things on the to do list, obligations.  So I approached my boss- could I work from home on the day that afterschool activities and the to do list runs a mile long...It eliminates about 2 hours on the road for me that day ( commute time) and that means I have that time BACK for laundry, dinner, house cleaning, and just general less anxiety and stress.  She said YES!

The reason this is so huge, and why I love my job so much- is I used to work for a company and boss that didnt recognize that I could do my job from anywhere.  Also happy employees make for PRODUCTIVE/ loyal employees.  Crazy concept I know.  My company recognizes this- encourages this- wants their employees to grow, do amazing things and supports us in all our endeavors.  My boss rocks.  I have never worked for someone who is so amazing, inspiring, kind, a friend, a mentor and also is incredibly respected by all at the company.  This in turn gives me increased desire for us to succeed.  I am bought in to our mission, values and go above and beyond.  Its amazing to see how this works and also works in the opposite if your company doesnt do these things...morale goes and so does employee satisfaction.  At least for me. 

I will always wish and long for the day that I can stay home with the boys..but in the mean time I have a good thing.

Anyway as Thanksgiving approaches, a season of gratitude is upon us...I am just grateful for my job.  My career.  I dont think I have ever been able to say that before- and truly mean it.  Its an incredible blessing - to be employed, have flexibility, and its something that I dont take for granted. 

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is AWESOME! Good for you! I'm so happy for you!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett