Well the weekend was a parenting failure from my perspective. Anytime that I loose my temper and YELL at the kids is a failure in my mind. Even if they deserve it. Feeling like my kids have exhausted me with too many “no’s” so I loose it- well no matter how many times you say sorry- it doesn’t fix things. Tristan was sick, Elijiah "on one", and neither wanted to help out, do chores or contribute….even the treat of a movie didn’t turn them into sweet angels. Sunday was much the same that I went to bed defeated, and told Jonathan that it bothers me that here we are on the verge of another work week and I should be rested. However I was tired. So so tired. Its incredibly hard to be a working parent. There are just never enough hours in the day to get it all done. There is never enough weekend hours to catch up. Saturdays are busy…Sundays just as busy. I don’t feel that we really ever have the family time and one on one time that I crave and need with my boys.
HOWEVER- Monday came the routine began all over but at the end of the night…I said my prayers and literally poured out my gratitude for a day that I won....there were no fights, arguments and yelling. Dinner was made, consumed and enjoyed. Messes were cleaned, hugs were plenty, family time was enjoyed by all, bedtime routine complete and lights out by 9pm.
HOWEVER- Monday came the routine began all over but at the end of the night…I said my prayers and literally poured out my gratitude for a day that I won....there were no fights, arguments and yelling. Dinner was made, consumed and enjoyed. Messes were cleaned, hugs were plenty, family time was enjoyed by all, bedtime routine complete and lights out by 9pm.
Heres to hoping for more days like that...
On an unrelated note...we are working on getting one of these in our yard....
(not our yard- FYI- I WISH!)Jonathan worked all day Saturday digging and preping the ground, buying the wood, putting it together...now we need soil. Cant wait for our garden this summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment